Monday, May 20, 2013

DALAI LAMA VISITS NEW ORLEANS

This past weekend I had the wonderful experience of hearing His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama
speak at the UNO Arena.  His monks first appeared to chant and prepare the room for His arrival.
He wore a baseball hat, has a great, hearty laugh, an ironic sense of humor and a way of cutting
right to the point in a no nonsense kind of way.  The take-away for me was:  We are all the same.
We all have the capacity to love and have compassion for other living things.  Prayers alone have
not stopped violence.  We must look to ourselves to bring peace on this planet.  Not a bad day of
lessons.
My seat was not very good so my photos are not either but I am going to include a great photo
that was taken by someone else at the Tulane University graduation where the Dalai Lama appeared
and spoke on Saturday morning.  He is shown with two of my other idols....New Orleans music legends, Allen Toussaint and Dr. John.  Coincidentally, they happen to represent all three races of Man.



No comments:

Post a Comment