Monday, October 17, 2011

Another One Under the Belt

Wow, we rolled in last night ahead of schedule by some miracle.  Everything went off without a hitch
(which is somewhat another miracle in itself).  Not only was I set up (in my little white tent) to show
my artwork but my significant other, Rusty, worked the music tent a few feet away from me.  The weather was gorgeous, sales were good and we met gobs of really nice people who also love the blues.  My favorite group was Homemade Jamz, a band of young kids from Mississippi.  They are all siblings and
the youngest sister is their powerful drummer.   Nice kids, too.  Kenny Wayne Shepherd and Tab Benoit
made their own kind of jams the night before when they took the stage together and rocked loudly, running
an extra hour overtime.  I guess they were having a good time, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment